Baker duties and responsibilities
Bakers are often responsible for more than just baking. They may have a large team of employees to manage, or they could be working independently. A successful candidate will be expected to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of a Baker, which can include:
- Ensure profitability by maintaining an accurate record of baking operations.
- Manage needed supplies and inventory levels.
- Direct and supervise the production staff’s activities to make sure that products are up to standards.
- Decorate baked products using glaze, icing and other toppings to achieve a finished appearance.
- Assess the quality of raw materials before baking.
- Conduct research to develop original recipes for products.
- Ensure the proper storage of baking utensils.